Friday, January 06, 2006

I'm such a tool...

Note to self: Whenever you get a chance to say something to a pretty girl, come up with something better than, "Uh... duh... thanks. Bye."

There isn't a day to where I tell myself, "Go for it!" Whatever it is! Work, relationships, life, it doesn't matter. I'm tired of all the excuses I've had in my life and I think in retrospect, comparing my failures to never beens. It feels better to know something didn't work out, than wondering if it would.

If you're curious to why I feel this way, then you should know my everyday life takes me to a grocery store on Mondays because I always cook dinner that night. And it just so happens, that there's this fairly attractive female working there, which for the life of me, I can never get the opportunity to say anything to her. (Coincidence I show up there on Mondays... I think not )

So anyway, here I am at the register checking out. Food and the girl... When the cashier starts up a conversation about me and my cooking. And she asked the hot girl what she thought, of course she responds, "Wow, you must cook really well?" And this is where I come out with all my smoothness.... In which I say: Please refer to beginning of blog for answer.

After that shameful attempt, I'm walking out of the grocery store kicking myself in the head for being so lame, when I think of my little motto, "Go for it!" So I start to tell myself, "You know what?!?! Next time I see her I'm just going to ask her out! I'm tired of being a tool..."

(And the moral of the story here is... When you say you're going to do something make sure you do it...)

...."Yeah! I can pick up on that girl! No problem!" And in this instance I actually feel better about myself. But only for an instance... Suddenly I hear a, "Hey! Wait! You forgot your meat. You need your meat right? " the hot girl says to me as she runs out to catch me. I'm startled at first but then I think "Alright! A second chance..." And as we're standing there, both waiting for me to say something, the only thing that comes out of my mouth is.... please refer to beginning of blog for answer.

I'm so pathetic!!!!!!! But hey, I shouldn't be mad. I guess I should look at this as just one of the few times a pretty girl will tell me "I forgot my meat." Man, is that the truth...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home