Monday, May 22, 2006

Life Accustomed

Alright, so it's not so bad. Maybe I was prejudice towards the environment. The crowd here isn't what I'm used to. The things to do and see are different as well.

Yeah, there's all kinds of traffic like how it is in H-town but it's a different kind. Here, there's more drivers hence more traffic. There, it's less drivers but they're the annoying asian bad drivers which if I could, I'd certainly let road rage take over and blast a few shells their way. But I'm not that disgruntle yet so that hasn't been done. Or at least it can't be proven...

But living out by the beach isn't so bad. In fact, I'm really starting to enjoy it. Life here is something I can adapt to.

It has it's obvious pluses. The most obvious being the weather. Although it's been shitty throughout So Cal lately, I know in the coming months when summer takes over and the sun throws up on us, it'll pay to be close to the beach feeling that cool sea breeze.

But I don't think it's necessarily the setting. More a change in mindset. Usually come the weekend I head back to the Heights to go hang out with my family and see my fobby and ghetto friends. They're all out there and I know they're too damn lazy to drive 40 minutes to come see my ass unless there's a big party or I'm on my death bed.

Fob: *cough* ".... Hey... aaaaa.... you guys want to come over?"
Fob's friend: "Like now? Is there chicks there? You throwing a party?"
Fob: *heart stops* "No... But I think I'm dying..."
Fob's friend: "Oh... well maybe. I don't know. I think there's traffic on the 60."
Fob: "...."

So to keep my social life going, I'd head back home to hang out and do things. And now I've realized it's not that there's nothing to do out here and that I've got no one to hang out with. It's more because I wasn't truly accepting of living out here. I didn't really give it a chance. And that way of thinking is changing.

I know this now because come the weekend, I really don't feel like heading back. I'd much rather stay and shoot the shit with my roommates or call up some friends around here and head down to the pier to drink myself under the table.

Who knows... maybe it's temporary. But in either case, I feel like I'm finally getting used to living here.

2 Comments:

At 1:06 AM, Blogger mojo shivers said...

Hmmm, I've got it narrowed down to two strong candidates. One is in Playa Del Rey, about six to eight block from the beach, and the other is in Harbor City, just outside of Palos Verdes.

I'll let you know if either pans out.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Ghetto FOBulous said...

I'm familiar with those areas. Although, I'm still bitter about Harbor City because of that chick I was with a couple of years ago. Damn gold diggin' ho...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home