Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy my liver didn't explode year

I don't know if this is more of a celebration of the coming year or surviving the last. But I treat New Years Eve as more of the ending of a year than the beginning of a new one.

Sure, compared to some of my friends whose blood consists of Patron, Old English, Bud Light, and the charcoal filtered vodka from Albertsons, it may seem like I don't drink that much to worry about liver and kidney issues at this age. But to your average human being, or at least my coworkers who pretty much don't enjoy passing out in the gutter, they tend to think I drink more than I should.

It's probably because I come in to work claiming about back pains after drinking which supposedly are not back pains but kidney or liver pains. It seems those organs are struggling to filter out all the crap I consume.

So this New Years Eve I feel especially proud of myself. My liver didn't explode! I still have both my kidneys! Yea! And I still had a good time...

Which is why for the new year I think I do need to make a resolution. And not like those "resolutionists" who show up at my gym in the coming month who hog up all the spots and then give up after a few weeks. I think for the sake of my health I need to drink less.

Aside from that, I need to try harder to be more of what I want to be, and try harder at not becoming what I used to be. Thinking back on the choices I've made, when I was the tool, the abused, the bitch, I don't want to let myself resort back to the person I was. Nor am I okay with where I am at now. I have to better myself.

My only advice, "Work harder Fobby! Be smarter! Be more creative! Sit on their faces..."

1 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger Ichiban said...

a happy new year to you Fob !! ^0^ And all the best, you know I mean it!


take care,


Inu~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home