Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Grow up!

Choices come in life. Should I eat a double-double with fries and a shake? Or a salad with light vinaigrette dressing? Should I go buy the latest seasonal clothing line from DKNY? Or buy some new equipment for my photography? Should I go out tonight, get drunk, freak some crazy club whore, and try and get some booty? Or stay home and save that money for my next investment?

I guess I tend to become overwhelmed with the general question, should I grow up and start becoming a responsible adult? Or should I continue to have fun and just be concerned with what makes me happy right now? This happens to me every time I see my family from the islands.

Contrary to popular opinion, I was not up in San Francisco this past weekend to get rammed by a giant gay black guy named Black Hammer. I was there visiting my cousin who's been checking out some grad schools here in the U.S. Spending time with my family is one of the most enjoyable things I do now and days. But on the other hand, every time I see them, I find out how well they're doing, and how driven they are to do even better!

Which comes back to my dumb ass. Instead of working on my craft, going back to school, or starting some new business on my own... I'm at home telling my roommate to give me a mohawk because I think it would be cool and funny. Sure, I get a few laughs out of it, and I probably look more the part of an artist. But it hit me this weekend, that when I'm around respectable, serious people, I look and act like a little kid who's fun to be around with, but has a lot of growing up to do.

So should I turn over a new leaf? I don't know. I'm constantly told that there's a good balance between being mature and responsible, and still going out having a good time. Where it is, I haven't figured that out yet. I guess I'll go think about it later. I'm late for happy hour...

1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Steppin' On Toes said...

Wow. Why the hell don't you open up this much when you're in front of my friggin face? I'm shutting up next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home