Monday, June 26, 2006

Five hundred, twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes...

Okay, so considering this hot humid weather, this isn't exactly Seasons of Love. But I just saw the movie Rent last night and it got me thinking about how much I really didn't appreciate the musical. Probably because Doogie Howser was playing the lead... but anyway, aside from the good music the movie brings up a good point about the dynamic of a group of friends.

At first I thought it was don't kill the gay guy because he's the life of the party and no one will be happy once he's gone. But given more thought, I think the story of Rent shows that even though friends bicker and fight with each other, they're still friends in the end... no matter how F-ed up they are personally.

What's weird is that same day, I had lunch with two friends who said we need some new people in the group. Some new blood. Fresh meat. And considering all the sausage we have already, people with vaginal capabilities. I guess basically that even though we're all friends, most of us annoy the hell out of each other.

So here's my attempt at a solution. Read on...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/stp/175709617.html