Friday, January 06, 2006

Constantine Wannabe

I know there's going to come a time when I have to face my maker and decide whether I've lived a good life. If I'll be spending eternity in heaven with JC and the boys, or burning away as a lost soul. I feel I'm living a pretty good life, but who's to say, "Okay, you've done enough good. You're in." To my knowledge, it's a never ending process. You have to keep following the rules. You may be good in one area, but if you suck @ss in another, whoops, see ya! You take the one way trip into the deep depths of hell or sit in the waiting room known as Purgatory and try earn your way up like Constantine. Unless of course you happen to be with someone as hot as Demi Moore and have psychic friends like Whoopi Goldberg...

Ghost Me: "Ditto."
Demi Girlfriend: "Huh? Did you hear something?"
Ghost Me: "I said ditto!!! D-I-T-T-O!!!!"
Demi Girlfriend: "Oh man, I'm hearing things. Crack, that's one hell of a drug."
Ghost Me: "Ah sh!t... I'm screwed..."

I guess I'm thinking about this because I spent this past weekend volunteering at my annual church fair. It's an annual fundraiser for my church that I've worked at for the past 12 or so years. But before you go handing me your babies to kiss and hold, don't praise me just yet. I'm a long ways from being considered a good Catholic boy. In fact, I think I only go to church a total of five times a year. That's Christmas, Easter, and this past weekend.... Not exactly, keeping that day Sabbath huh? I know... But if we're going off a points scale, aside from the religious aspect I live a pretty respectable life. Um, well not counting the alcohol. And um, and the partying. And I guess the occasional women I date. Alright, I know I'm screwed! I guess Purgatory doesn't sound that bad anymore. At least I know I won't be alone. Most of you who are reading this are in the same boat as me. So kick it. Pull up a seat. We're going to be here a while...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home