Friday, January 06, 2006

If you're happy and ya know it clap your hands...

I had dinner with my cousin over the weekend and we were talking about blogs and how most people who write in them usually write expressions of sadness and anger. How they usually rant about the things that aren't right in their lives. And then there's my dumb @ss, who tells stories about my daily fumbles in womenly interactions and other irrelevant activities. My blog is certainly nothing like most others.

As explained to me by my cousin, he told me it's because I'm happy. I didn't understand so he told me people who are happy generally are not at home expressing their happiness by writing in a blog. That there are many other ways of expressing happiness and that a blog/diary is usually the things that people don't want to share or have other people know about.

As simple an idea as this, it actually made me think. (Especially coming from my idiot cousin. Haha... J/K) But it made me think, "Am I really happy?" Sure, the answer I'd like to give to myself would be yes. I'm damn happy! But I know my stresses and worries in life are always haunting me. Work, money, relationships, family... These are things I think about on a regular basis. But then again that's just reality. Without that, I'd be living in fantasy land where I have a clone army of naked Tomiko Van's and Jessica Alba's serving me, and I'm the king. Muahahaha... Um... okay maybe not that much of a fantasy but you know what I mean. So yeah, without that reality check, that's just not life. That's la-la land...

So with all that to consider into the picture, still, am I happy? Well I can remember back to when I was sure that I was unhappy. To when I was constantly depressed. If you've known me for a while then you know when I was down and out. I was just a huge bitter ball of crap! Anyway, when I compare that feeling to how I feel now, I think in all honesty I am a happy person. Sure, not everything's going my way just yet. But in general, my life is good. And things are constantly getting better so how can I complain.

I know for the most part, a portion of you people think I'm a cocky bastard and that how can I feel down when I'm always patting my own back... and you're right! I am. But I do get insecure every now and then in my daily life so please excuse this feel good post. Soon enough I'll get back to hating on myself and probably start raggin' on you folks too! So be ready! Hehehe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home