Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm not a Designer. I just play one on TV.


I just had an epiphany.  Okay, that’s not true.  I don’t even know what that means.  For all I know, it could be a style of jewelry.


But in my dumb dumb vocabulary translation, I’ve come to realize something.  I suck.


Now before all of you go and agree with me before I even finish...


Scenario 1: “Yeah, Fob you do suck.  You are the most unreliable friend I have...”

Scenario 2: “True.  You’re such a dirty ho.  I don’t know how any girl can trust you...”

Scenario 3: “You do.  I’ve never seen anyone get a C- on a HIV test...”

Scenario 4: “Oh!  Yeah!  Keep sucking my...”


Let me speak!  Or write!  Whatever!!!  You see I’ve been a working professional for eight years now as a graphic designer.  Straight out of college I started working.  Sure, at first, I was pretty green.  Didn’t know how to turn on my computer or even know which person to sleep with to move up the corporate ladder.


But in the past couple of years I learned a few skills, gained a lot of confidence, put out more than my ass can handle, and have become delusional in my work abilities.  Because the truth is I suck.  


Being the big fish in a small pond has distorted reality around me.  Here I was thinking I was good when the truth is I’m a second rate hack.  It’s hit me like a ton of big pixellated, motion blurred, drop shadowed bricks.


So what do I do?  School?  Freelance?  See if my corner is still available on Sunset and Highland?  It’s hard as Hades to find another job right now.  And I’m not exactly the most marketable person.  So what should I do to advance myself aside from going back to being a street walker?


Did someone say... Design Hooker?!?!


Fob: “5 dolla’ make ya haller!  For 50 bucks I offer strategic planning in branding,

print, web design, and electronic media.”


I’m screwed...  Literally!


5 Comments:

At 1:05 AM, Blogger Just.D. said...

you look familiar.. by any chance are u related to someone name francesca?...

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Just.D. said...

o ok, no wonder. I met you twice. when I was younger and just recently.ive been to few of the gatherings your family had. anyway,nice to meet you again.=)

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can always go back to school or... you know... search your soul

i'm sure you've peers in the same position; anyway hope everything works out for you

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just became a member of this community here and I would love to be a member of it. Just like the environment here. Excellent work by the mods and every member here.

I appreciate the quality of messages posted by everyone and plan I can do that for you all too. Just to start off, I discovered a cool website called
[url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com]home business reviews[/url] that reviews some good make money home business opportunities. Anyway site owner make's more than 500$+/day. He discovered some very great home business.

Because I found that these home based business reviews worked for me I decided to post it here so you also can make some extra cash in your free time. Owner of this website also discovered really simple opportunity get some extra cash just taking [url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com/Surveys-For-Money.html]surveys for money[/url]. Anyway if you need to make some extra cash feel free to check out this website. Hope you guys enjoy it.

OK, look forward to great conversation and hanging out here often.
www.home-businessreviews.com

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can reveal that I agree with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is stationary a definitely as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with delivery of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=mp3 cutter joiner. 2.20 ?
I noticed the axiom you have in the offing not used. Or you profit by the pitch-dark methods of helping of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home