Friday, January 20, 2006

Ain't that a bitch!

The life of a starving artist isn't fun. Sure you get to do cool artsy projects like taking photos of naked chicks.

Naked model: "How do you want me to pose?"
Fob: "Um... can you do cart wheels???"

Or we get to wear whacked out clothing and think it's cool because you're artistic. -_- Well at least that's what I tell myself. Everyone else probably thinks I look like a fool. Anyway, we get to live a pretty cool, trendy life. But like anything else, that crap fades away quick. And what are we left with? Empty pockets, a grumbling stomach, and a Derrick Zoolander haircut...

What I'm trying to say is it's a bitch living check to check. Back in college, if I knew I was going to be a poor bastard, I would have slept with the business professors instead of the art professors to get better grades.

Times are tough. Last night I had to fight a bum for the last drop of a 40 of OE just to get a sip of alcohol. Well, not that tough. But to top off my regular difficulties, the next couple of months are going to be hell. My standard for living is about to take a shit because of the things I have to pay for. The most notable, is a five grand deposit on a couple of investment houses. I don't want to be poor for the rest of my life so this is an effort to not fulfill that destiny. Yeah, it's an investment, I'll get the money back. But not for a long time. So in the short term, I'm out five grand. :(

The next is I need a new camera. Thanks to technology, my film camera has become a large paper weight. Now that no one uses it, film has become expensive to shoot. So I need to buy a pretty good digital camera that'll work with my film lenses. And the one I'm eyeing is about two grand. T_T

Now the next isn't necessarily a thing I need. But you read earlier that I'm in desperate need of a vacation. Working full-time for 2 years straight with no break is making me postal. I just might choke a bitch if I don't leave for a bit. So my clone, Jwang and I are planning on heading off to asia somewhere in April to get our swerve on. Hopefully those damn wenches there don't give me the bird flu or SARS. Anyway, this trip is going to cost around $1,700 I imagine.

And finally because of my stupidity, I spilled a soda on my friend's computer making it absolutely worthless. Since it's user error the warranty doesn't cover it. And because it's my fault I offered to pay for half of a new computer. T_T

Damn! This sucks. I'm broke. So if any of you want to go hang out, I'm sorry I won't be able to make it unless it's cow tipping or sitting at the beach. If you need me, I'll be at my parents' house trying to score a free meal or sitting in my room at Manhattan Beach playing with myself.

2 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger David said...

Good luck Sir Fob.

I'm already eager to hear about your Asia trip. That's where I wanna go after college in 12-18 months (probably Taiwan since I have by-marriage familt there) but secretly I'm terrified of bird flu, realizing a dream, etc.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Ghetto FOBulous said...

davus: My buddy is still trying to convince me to go to Taiwan instead. From what I hear it's really fun. Let me know if you go. I'll tell you where to go if you want to be bad like me. ^_~

wondrous: Thailand? For the knock offs? I was thinking about going ther for other reasons. But then I don't want to be hooking up with a she that's a he.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home