Monday, January 23, 2006

Double Down

Life's all about risks. You see an opportunity and you either go for it, or say it's not worth the risk. All things, from speeding past that yellow light to asking that girl out in marketing with the big fat... hands. <_<

We take chances everyday, and I think how and if we take these chances determines how successful we'll be. Of course, you have to know the odds. Some people take risks on things that have a low percentage of success. Like my dating habits for example...

Fob: "So you're hot, tall, rich, and smart. What are the chances of you and I dating?"
Girl: "Well you're ugly, short, poor, and dumb. You figure it out."
Fob: "So around 80%?"
Girl: "Not even on a bad day..."
Fob: "Ouch... and here I was going to let you order whatever you wanted from McDonalds."

I'm all for taking risks. Throwing myself out there to win big or lose bad. But I have to play the odds. Know when my chances of winning are better than a black guy attending a Ku Klux Klan convention. I want the odds on my side. Especially with my last post, I'll be spending a lot of money on things that will supposedly make me more in the long run. But it's a risk. One that'll take 10 to 15 years to run its course. And I'm curious to see if I played my cards right.

So to test this out. I went to the experts. Not actual experts. I only know idiots, so I went to the smarter idiots. My friends who gamble more than they actually work. They introduced me to online betting and how to go about making smart bets. Just like my investing, I took it very cautiously and bet on the NFC and AFC finals and won both. So I figure if I bet on the Super Bowl and perhaps some basketball games, this should be a good premonition to how my long term investments will go.

Is this logical? I think not. Smart? Probably not that as well. But it's a test. A test of my luck. It's something I need to know. But just in case my luck is crap, anyone have a solid pick for the super bowl? I'm doubling down my winnings...

3 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger mojo shivers said...

Funny, you're movineg more into sports betting which I used to dabble in and I'm beginning to dabble in more traditional investing.

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Ichiban said...

Logical? hmm as far as your bet logic is concerned , yes , it is...

I never take that much risks....for instead of thrilling me, it scares me...

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Steppin' On Toes said...

Win a lot....we're supposed to go shopping remember?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home