Monday, January 30, 2006

You're so not money!

"I'm the asshole! I'm the asshole in the place yeah? Yeah, well I'm outta here. I would never eat here, I would never eat here anyway." -Trent, Swingers

And that pretty much summarizes my weekend. The usual night with the bros turns into an anger/death threats boozefest. And who's the one yelling out obscenities? Yup, this asshole!

Basically, I'm back in the Heights, chillin' with the Hacienda Hate. I'm in a good mood. Just ate at my favorite Peruvian place. Didn't hit any traffic. And I'm looking forward to a pretty peaceful night of getting drunk and losing a couple of bucks at hold'em. Too bad, that night didn't turn out that way.

Nugget, being a good buddy of mine, buy's a bottle of Johnnie Walker for us to drink. But how do I thank him once him and I polish off that bottle? With a bitter lecture that supposedly made no sense. I say supposedly because I don't remember what was said. Just that I was told I was an asshole. Which I wouldn't put it past myself. Alcohol has had that effect on me lately.

But Nugget wasn't the only one who received my wrath. My other homie Gill probably received the most hate from me considering I threaten to kill him. I don't know why I turned on him, but for some reason I was in postal mode.

Yeah, I know. I'm a bastard. And lately my record of getting out of hand, doing things that would normally not get you invited back to places, has been rising drastically. Usually, I say I'm quitting drinking after a punishing hangover, which I did experience on Saturday, and then start back up the next weekend. But this time is different. Although the hangover was extreme hell this past experience, it wasn't the worst part. The worst part was realizing that I'm becoming a bad drunk.

The fun party guy, who laughs like a little girl and hits on chicks who look like they got kicked in the face, hasn't been around lately. Lately, he's been replaced by this guy who talks too much shit and gets bent out of shape. And I don't really like this guy. So I think I need to take it easy for a while. Lay off the sauce until I think I'm back to my old self. Because the way I've been recently, hasn't been me.

And if you're one of the guys who had to put up with my crap recently. My apologies. It won't happen again.

1 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Steppin' On Toes said...

Take some time for yourself. I'm sure the new you will be better than ever. Hopefully he'll be a fun, honest guy who knows how to give people lip when they really need it, but who knows how to address his own stuff first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home