Friday, February 10, 2006

I got jacked

http://www.theshadowchronicles.com/trailer.php

I don't know how many of you were born in the late 70's or early 80's, but growing up, every boy knew about two certain cartoons. Voltron and Robotech. Personally, I thought Voltron was crap but I still watched it. I mean, it was still better than the Smurfs. But what I'm here to talk about is the almost 20 year reunion comeback of Robotech. In my search for fobness on the internet I found this site that has a trailer for an upcoming installment in the Robotech saga.

Yeah, I know it was a cartoon 20 years ago. Who cares??? But this anime holds a certain amount of value to me. Like when I was a happy little bastard and didn't care about anything. It reminds me of those days.

But the thing that gets me, is this was my damn idea to bring this show back. My cousin Mojo can back me up on this, is that I've always been wanting to write a movie screenplay on Robotech. I thought it out before and I thought I had a good idea for a movie. Of course my writing sucks ass, which is why there's currently nothing to read, but the ideas were in place.

Well who knows. Maybe it's not too late. And watching this new series may motivate me to actually start putting something together. I just have to learn how to put the bottle down. Must... have... one... more... sip...

1 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger David said...

You could try the remake of Voltron. The suckiness of the original might liberate you artistically in your update, like with Battlestar Galactica but not Star Wars or Star Trek. Respect 'canon' too much and you just reproduce it like a fanficcer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home