Friday, January 06, 2006

Going, Going, Gone!

I don't know if anyone read my post about my boss quitting, but I swore then I wouldn't be the guy who goes down with the ship. Of course, I didn't think that would happen so quick.

But those who haven't talked to me in a while, I just received a promotion at the NHRA as an Art Director. I've been in charge of all the artistic aspects when it comes to any publication we do. It's been a pretty huge promotion for me considering I passed up a few coworkers who's seniority exceeds mine. Well that and I get the corner office with all the windows and privacy to download all the pr0n I desire. I mean... work in peace.

So yeah, it's been cool. I've been working like a mad man though, staying late almost every night and not really having time to work out or cook. But I got over that...

And here today comes. I get a call from a company that I interviewed a couple of weeks ago with that just offered me a pretty decent position. The pay is about the same, but the opportunity to make more is substantial. They're located by the beach, which means nice weather. Also it gets me out of the 909. People always joke about it being cow town and that it's like the wild west. I know it's not true but it's always nice to say, "Get 'em Pa!!!" and try to tie them up like a calf.

Anyway, this is my situation. I just put in my notice that I'll be quitting. I've given them a couple of weeks but after that I'm gone.

I feel bad about this, but I have to think about my future. I know I'll be screwing them over because we're already short staffed. But this is something I have to do.

So I put this to you. Would you do the same?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home